Instructions for Mobile Application Production Release¶
- Ensure that your device is running Android 6 or higher. Switch your wifi on.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for FAIMS h Mobile.
- Download the app.
- Upon installing the app you will be prompted to download sample modules from our server at demo.fedarch.org. Feel free to download all of them and browse through, they are for demonstration! Please note that different modules will take different time to download depending on whether they contain any image data or not.
- If you have made arrangements about your own customized module, please contact our team for instructions to its whereabouts. You can have as many modules on your device as you wish.
Note: Alternative download location
If the download from Google Play fails, download the app by going to fedarch.org/apk/ or click here to download directly. (We strongly disrecommend this method unless you're aware of the risks of installing .apks directly from the internet. Therefore we are intentionally leaving out instructions on how to install unsigned APKs. Don't do this if you don't know the risks.)
To play with the app:¶
- On your device, open the app.
- Say yes you want to connect to the demo server.
- Tap "Sample Architecture Survey" to download the Andes Survey. (The Gallery Example is a trivial example to show off data-only entry. It's worth looking at, but occasions little comment.)
- Wait for a while as the large project is downloaded and unpacked.
- long click "create point," choose create polygon.
- Drop down 3+ points in a clockwise or anti-clockwise fashion.
- Hit finish.
- Click create.
- Choose structure.